Onboarding highly skilled migrants
Attracting and engaging the right talent is a challenge in the current Dutch labour market. Dutch companies are growing, and international firms often choose the Netherlands, from which they serve their European clients. Brexit also contributed to this trend. As a result, there is a high demand for certain skills; some skills that could not only be fulfilled by the Dutch local workforce.
A Highly Skilled Migrant (HSM) could be a solution. But where to start? During this workshop we will take you through the whole relocation journey and its many questions:
- HR has been tasked to build up a diverse workforce. Why?
- Why would people want to move to The Netherlands?
- How is the expat market?
- HR will approach a candidate outside the EU. Can they employ a non-EU citizen? What are the salary requirements? Which visa do they need? What is the time frame?
- Are there solutions, if we cannot employ non-EU citizens?
- All expats talk about the 30% tax ruling, what is it and how does it work?
- The rental market is very hectic. What is a typical home search process and how does it work? What are typical rental prices?
- For what do you need a BSN and how do you apply for one?
- What do most foreigners do with schooling?
- How do expats integrate into The Netherlands and what do trailing partners do?
The outcomes of the workshop are:
- better understanding of a typical relocation process and all its interrelated steps
- good knowledge to sell The Netherlands and your company to the foreign candidate
- a time-line how long a relocation process could take
- knowing what can you outsource, what can be done inhouse